9.29.2004

The Monopoly Of Duopoly

"A conservative sees a man drowning 50 feet from shore, throws him a 25 foot long rope, and tells him to swim to it. A liberal throws him a rope 50 feet long, then drops his end and goes off to perform another good deed." - Anonymous

I frequently grill the Kerry campaign, and rightfully so. It's a carnival on wheels. The Democrats are obviously setting him up to fail and are willing to concede the election to Bush to save the runway for their glamour girl, Hillary, in '08. I wouldn't even be surprised if the DNC knowingly fed those cheese docs to CBS. However, do not mistake me as a waterboy for Comandante Boosh.

I will be voting for Michael Badnarik, the Libertarian candidate, as a protest vote against the obscene two-party monopoly and it's adopted son, Ralph Nader.

If GWB would do something, anything substantial, to corral illegal immigration into America, I would be willing to back him. However, to engage in foreign wars and reduce certain liberties under the Patriot Act, without addressing the influx of unlawful and dangerous entry into this country, is disingenuous at best.

Further, I'd like to state that I don't trust government. Any government. Government by nature, is power embodied, and nothing corrupts quite like power does. Given a choice, however, I would rather be governed by a semi-megalomaniacal American with a decent respect for the Constitution, than by a conglomerate of tin-pot despots like the United Nations (spit).

Bush does not have the requisite devotion to the Constitution. Kerry's devotion is reserved for the Globalists. I will begrudgingly root for Bush and cast my ballot for Mr. Badnarik.